- Characteristics - The Wedge S59 is positioned in size between the 110G and 114D.
- Inner Diameter: 1.12 inches
- Cup depth: Between Bach 1-1/2G and 1G. Similar to Bach 1-1/4 G and Schilke 59.
- Throat: .298 inches.
- Note: Some bass trombones, for example some vintage King models, have an extra deep receiver. If your mouthpiece inserts more than 1.25 inches (31 mm) into your leadpipe be sure to select the BT Deep Receiver option when ordering bass trombone mouthpieces.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.