- Characteristics - The 100C is an excellent choice for a player who wants a shallow C cup for jazz or lead trombone, but who needs a larger diameter than a Bach 7C. The 100C is most similar to a Bach 6.75C. ID = 1.0 inch (25.4 mm). Throat = .240 inches (6.096mm), standard for most players.
- Feels softer than brass but less soft than Delrin on the chops.
- Less slippery than metal but more slippery than Delrin.
- Grip intermediate between Delrin and silver.
- Feels slightly smaller than the metal counterparts.
- Smoother than Delrin, very similar to silver.
- Comfortable to play in cold weather.
- Responsive to soft articulation.
- Articulation is clearer than Delrin, very similar to metal.
- Sound is slightly darker than brass and brighter than Delrin.
- More core in the sound than Delrin, but not as much core as metal.
- Sounds very similar to brass when used with brass or stainless steel backbore.