- Inner Diameter: .665 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.119
- This mouthpiece has an extra-shallow V cup which has a cup volume similar to a Wedge S cup, but it is divided between an extra shallow upper cup and deeper V shaped lower cup. It resembles a Parduba, Callet Superchops, and other modified V shaped shallow cups. The result is more secure slotting in the upper register and a more open blow. The Lead V cup with a #27 throat feels much like an S cup with a #25 throat. It is an excellent mouthpiece for commercial lead and also for pit and pops. This is also a good mouthpiece for Piccolo trumpet if one prefers a shallow cup.
- Backbore: This mouthpieces comes on a small backbore.
- Wedge Generation 2 Line - The Generation 2 trumpet mouthpieces are designed to incorporate the advantages of the Wedge rim and oval cup in a mouthpiece that is very comfortable and easy to adapt to from a conventional rim. The rim is slightly wider than our original Standard Brand rims. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.