Discounted mouthpieces are final sale and will not be accepted back for returns or exchanges.
This mouthpiece has signs of usage, such as insertion marks, scratches or small dings. These markings are purely cosmetic and this mouthpiece functions exactly like a brand new mouthpiece.
Top 10 Mouthpiece! - Similar to Bach 1-1/2C, Schilke 16, Monette B2, and similar mouthpieces with a .670 ID and medium deep cup
- Provides a rich sound and smooth transition between notes
- Excellent balance between the registers
- Ability to produce a dark orchestral tone or enough projection to lead a section as required
- Inner Diameter: .670 inches measured .04 inches into the cup
- Outer Diameter: 1.124 inches
- Cup Depth: MDV (Medium Deep V) cup (similar to a Bach 1 1/2 C or 5C, Warburton MD, regular Schilke, or Yamaha C cup) but with a slightly more V shaped transition into the throat
- Produces a large, dark orchestral sound, which is a little darker than the MD cup
- Backbore: Comes on an ML (Medium-Large) backbore
- ***The throat on this mouthpiece has been opened to #25 , .1495 inched - a larger throat for more open blow, choose a #25 throat if your mouthpiece feels stuffy with too much resistance, and you are an advanced player with good breath support.
Wedge Generation 2 Line:
- Designed to incorporate the advantages of the Wedge rim and oval cup in a mouthpiece that is very comfortable and easy to adapt to from a conventional rim
- Slightly wider rims than Standard Brand
- Features our new Double Oval Cup (DOC)
- Oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat
- DOC design (exclusive to Wedge Mouthpieces) provides added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of a larger mouthpiece
- Acclimatization time varies
- Most players find full adjustment to the new rim shape is only a few days
- Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, if desired
- Vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design due to its obvious advantages once adapted
- Discounts offered to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments