- Inner Diameter: .660 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.114
- Cup Depth: This mouthpiece has a MS (Medium Shallow) cup, which is a little deeper and more V shaped than a Schilke or Yamaha 14A4A, Warburton SV, Reeves S, or Bach 3D cup. The Wedge rim produces a much better lower register than a comparable mouthpiece of this cup depth, so the low range sounds more like a Bach 3C then it does like a lead mouthpiece. This is also a mouthpiece for Piccolo trumpet if one prefers a shallow cup.
- This top is best used on an M (Medium) backbore which can be purchased here.
- Wedge Generation 2 Line - The Generation 2 trumpet mouthpieces are designed to incorporate the advantages of the Wedge rim and oval cup in a mouthpiece that is very comfortable and easy to adapt to from a conventional rim. The rim is slightly wider than our original Standard Brand rims. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.