- Characteristics - The 75D has a deep cup similar the the Laskey F or Moosewood A, but incorporates the unique oval shape of the Wedge DOC cup and the patented Wedge rim.
- Specifications - ID 17.5 mm (.689 inches), OD 25.52 mm (1.005 inches), Bore #14.
- Material - This mouthpiece is made on our original Delrin plastic heavy blank. Here are some of the characteristic of Delrin:
- Feels softer on the chops because it has more give than metal. This is a great advantage for players with braces.
- Not as slippery as silver, giving more grip.
- Added grip makes Delrin mouthpieces feel smaller than their metal counterparts with the same size designation.
- Not as smooth as metal, so some players may feel slight chop irritation for the first day or two while they adjust.
- More comfortable to play in cold weather because they feel warm on the chops.
- Plastic mouthpieces are more responsive than brass, making soft entries more secure.
- Articulation less crisp with less point at the front of the note compared to brass.
- Darker sound than brass.
The DOC (Double Oval Cup) design carries the oval shape of the Wedge rim into the bottom of the cup, producing more core in the sound with great stability and clean attacks.