- Inner Diameter: .690 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.144
- Cup Depth: This mouthpiece is designed with a modified V cup that has been optimized for use on a rotary trumpet. The upper part of the cup is similar to the MD or MDV cup, although not quite as deep, and the lower part of the cup has a more accentuated V shape compared to the MDV. It produces a silky, dark tone when played at low to medium volumes, and the desired brilliance and projection at higher dynamics. This mouthpiece is very stable and forgiving, and despite the rotary trumpet designation also works very well as an orchestral or jazz mouthpiece.
- Backbore: This mouthpiece comes on a Medium-Large backbore.
- Wedge Generation 2 Line - The Generation 2 trumpet mouthpieces are designed to incorporate the advantages of the Wedge rim and oval cup in a mouthpiece that is very comfortable and easy to adapt to from a conventional rim. The rim is slightly wider than our original Standard Brand rims. This mouthpiece has our new Double Oval Cup (DOC). The diameter of the rim and cup in the vertical dimension is 10/1000 of an inch larger than it is from side to side. This means that the oval shape of the Wedge rim is continued down to the base of the cup where it joins the throat. The DOC design, found only in Wedge mouthpieces, provides the added efficiency of a smaller mouthpiece with the big sound, clear attacks, and flexibility of the larger mouthpiece.
- Acclimatization - Acclimatization time varies, but most players find they have fully adjusted to the new rim shape within a few days. Most players are able to alternate between a Wedge rim and conventional rim, although the vast majority of players will convert all of their mouthpieces to the Wedge design because of its obvious advantages once they have adapted. We do offer discounts to players who need to purchase a number of Wedge mouthpieces for various instruments.
- Guarantee and Return Policy - Most Wedge mouthpieces come with our 90 day money back guarantee. The mouthpiece can be returned for a full refund if it is not clearly superior to your regular mouthpiece, provided it is still in new condition (minor insertion marks are accepted). Exceptions are custom mouthpieces and discounted mouthpieces.