Delrin one-piece mouthpieces have been discontinued and will only be available while supplies last.
- Inner Diameter: .650 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.104
- Cup Depth: This mouthpiece has a S (Shallow) cup, which is similar to a Schilke or Yamaha 14A4A, Warburton SV, Reeves S, Bach 3D, or GR S cup. It is an excellent mouthpiece for commercial lead and also for pit and pops. The Wedge rim produces a much better lower register than a comparable mouthpiece of this cup depth, so the low range sounds more like a Bach 3C then it does like a lead mouthpiece. This is also a mouthpiece for Piccolo trumpet if one prefers a shallow cup.
- Backbore: This mouthpiece comes on an Small backbore.
- Feels softer on the chops because it has more give than metal. This is a great advantage for players with braces.
- Not as slippery as silver, giving more grip.
- Added grip makes Delrin mouthpieces feel smaller than their metal counterparts with the same size designation.
- Not as smooth as metal, so some players may feel slight chop irritation for the first day or two while they adjust.
- More comfortable to play in cold weather because they feel warm on the chops.
- Plastic mouthpieces are more responsive than brass, making soft entries more secure.
- Articulation less crisp with less point at the front of the note compared to brass.
- Darker sound than brass.
- Less core in the sound compared to brass.