Delrin one-piece mouthpieces have been discontinued and will only be available while supplies last.
- Inner Diameter: .650 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.104
- Cup Depth: This mouthpiece has an ES (Extra Shallow) cup, which is similar to a Schilke 6A4A, Schilke 13A4A, Bach 3E, and GR ES cup. It is intended for maximizing upper register performance when playing commercial lead or similar types of playing. This cup produces a bright sound excellent projection while still maintaining an accessible lower register that unlike other shallow mouthpieces does not sound restricted.
- Backbore: This mouthpiece comes on an Small backbore.
- Feels softer on the chops because it has more give than metal. This is a great advantage for players with braces.
- Not as slippery as silver, giving more grip.
- Added grip makes Delrin mouthpieces feel smaller than their metal counterparts with the same size designation.
- Not as smooth as metal, so some players may feel slight chop irritation for the first day or two while they adjust.
- More comfortable to play in cold weather because they feel warm on the chops.
- Plastic mouthpieces are more responsive than brass, making soft entries more secure.
- Articulation less crisp with less point at the front of the note compared to brass.
- Darker sound than brass.
- Less core in the sound compared to brass.