Delrin one-piece mouthpieces have been discontinued and will only be available while supplies last.
- Inner Diameter: .640 measured .04 inches into the cup.
- Outer Diameter: 1.094
- Cup Depth: This mouthpiece has an ES (Extra Shallow) cup, which is similar to a Schilke 6A4A, Schilke 10A4A, Schilke 13A4A, Bach 3E, and GR ES cup. It is intended for maximizing upper register performance when playing commercial lead or similar types of playing. This cup produces a bright sound excellent projection while still maintaining an accessible lower register that unlike other shallow mouthpieces does not sound restricted.
- Backbore: This mouthpiece comes on an Small backbore.
- Feels softer on the chops because it has more give than metal. This is a great advantage for players with braces.
- Not as slippery as silver, giving more grip.
- Added grip makes Delrin mouthpieces feel smaller than their metal counterparts with the same size designation.
- Not as smooth as metal, so some players may feel slight chop irritation for the first day or two while they adjust.
- More comfortable to play in cold weather because they feel warm on the chops.
- Plastic mouthpieces are more responsive than brass, making soft entries more secure.
- Articulation less crisp with less point at the front of the note compared to brass.
- Darker sound than brass.
- Less core in the sound compared to brass.