- Inner Diameter: 1.03 inches (26.16 mm)
- Outer Diameter: 1.584 inches
- Throat Size: .300 inches (7.62 mm)
- Wick Equivalent: SM4U (ID: 26 mm)
- Shank: This mouthpiece comes on a large shank. It is available by special order on a medium shank or small shank -- please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to add this option to your order
Material - These mouthpieces are made from Delrin plastic. Here are some of the characteristic of Delrin:
- Feels softer on the chops because it has more give than metal. This is a great advantage for players with braces.
- Not as slippery as silver, giving more grip.
- Added grip makes Delrin mouthpieces feel smaller than their metal counterparts with the same size designation.
- Not as smooth as metal, so some players may feel slight chop irritation for the first day or two while they adjust.
- More comfortable to play in cold weather because they feel warm on the chops.
- Plastic mouthpieces are more responsive than brass, making soft entries more secure.
- Articulation less crisp with less point at the front of the note compared to brass.
- Darker sound than brass.
- Less core in the sound compared to brass.
The Wedge E Series Euphonium Line - The Wedge E Series Euphonium line was developed at the request of euphonium players who wanted a Wedge mouthpiece made specifically for their instrument. The E Series mouthpieces have a second generation Wedge rim design that incorporates elements from our highly successful Gen 2 high brass rim. They have an accentuated oval shape that extends right down to the base of the cup. This unique oval cup shape amplifies the effect of the Wedge rim, providing greater responsiveness and more core to the sound compared to a conventional cup of similar depth and volume. The cup has a deep bowl shaped contour, similar to other popular euphonium mouthpieces, with the addition of the Wedge rim and oval shape.